Less Running, More Sprinting

It's been almost two weeks since I dropped in to say hello and I want to blame it on the internet (or the lack of it), I really do, but the truth of the matter is, I was busy coming to terms with the fact that HOLY SHIT MY NEW HOME IS AWESOME!

Y'all, I can sprint in a straight line from my home office to the patio without bumping into furniture or flattening my nose against a wall. And it takes me all of seven seconds to do that. Yes, I timed myself because I take my sprinting around the house very seriously.

I think it's safe to say that in the past two weeks, Shane and I have finally made this place our home, mostly because we've run out of money to make more impulse purchases. I feel like a time may come, maybe a few years from now, when the excuse "but it's for the new home!" would have run its course. The key operative words there being may and maybe. But right now, just two weeks after we've moved in, the excuse seems totally valid. So do the heart palpitations every time we accidentally glance at our bank statements but we're strong, self-possessed individuals who exercise complete control over how we let negative external stimuli affect our mental faculties.

We just spent the last of our savings this evening on equipment for my home office and I know exactly how many days there are until April 30th. FIFTEEN, that's how many. I have to wait for fifteen days to buy all those plants for the house that I will then systematically kill by completely forgetting about their existence.

But all chit-chat aside, I just wanted to drop in this fine Sunday evening (at least that's when I'm typing this, you might only read this on Monday) to let you know that I'm still alive and still bursting with stories to tell you. Nothing has changed in that regard. But contrary to my second sentence in this blog post, admiring my new home hasn't been my only preoccupation preventing me from showing up here more often. As you can imagine, a move in itself is pretty time consuming so add to that the fact that I started a new job just two weeks before the move; returned from a pre-booked holiday the night before the move; took in our friends' dog for three weeks from the day after the move; and immediately started commuting two hours a day, four days a week, because it's a busy time at work; and I can't even remember the beginning of this sentence. Moreover, we didn't have internet at our apartment until last Thursday so Shane and I have been coming up with all kinds of creative solutions to do the prepping, recording and editing of the podcast these past two weeks. To top it off, I have also been working out as usual, even if that means literally running from my bus stop after work to my home and then running again to the studio, which, I am sure, makes me the most warmed up person in that class.

My point is, I feel like I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that things have just been a little too crazy for me to find downtime like this to sit down and write. And God knows updating a personal blog shouldn't feel like another item off your to-do list.

So I will be back here soon, perhaps even later this week and the first story I will tell you is that of how we found this new place. Until then, let's pray for less running around town and more regular sprinting across the living room. See ya!